Friday, January 13, 2017

Why I Find Comfort in "The More"

I believe that regardless of religious beliefs or convictions that people have if any are just part of the whole. I have been raised with religion as a core value. But I also believe that there is more than God being the end all being. I think there is more. “The more” comes from the love and sadness. The actions and the silence. I find myself relishing in the beauty of the world and realizing just how lucky I am to be alive. There is value in more than just being in the physical space of a church. Don’t get me wrong, I love my church and it’s sanctuary. I just feel like I don’t have to be there to experience God or “the more” that life has to offer. When I see a smile on anyone of the kids at church whom I love dearly. When my grandpa had passed away but I could still feel his presence. When I see Bogie laying in front of our fireplace. When a friend had lost her grandpa and I just hugged her and sat with her. When my friends at school have a home cooked meal together. I am bewildered at the love and the beauty in the world. All of it, the good, the bad, the ugly, it is all a part of this thing called life. For those of you who know me or my family know that there has been “drama” throughout the years but without it, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I am so lucky to have been living for 20 years now.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday dearest.
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Aunt Janny

Anonymous said...

Wise ancient spirit. Love you